Psychodynamic & Object Relations Therapy
Jungian based Shadow Work
- This is my approach for working with severe those suffering from personality disorders and those who have suffered substantial early childhood injury.
- It is an attachment-based therapy specifically pinpointing and working with the regressed developmental stage of the client.
- This requires long-term therapeutic commitment from both you and me, requiring many years of intense work.
- Quite often, even after the deep work is done, the client requires a lifetime of supportive therapy to maintain therapeutic gains.
Jungian based Shadow Work
For those who work best with Dreams, symbols, archetypes, and metaphor. (these are the languages of the psyche)
- Best suited for those who already have core ego-strength and who wish to explore the deeper realm of their psyche--also referred to (and for good reason) as the "place of great terror."
- This work is typically long-term and for those ready and able to face the darker parts of themselves that Jung called The Human Shadow.
- The work is deeply and powerfully transforming and challenges the very basis of how you know yourself.
- It is for those who are ready and willing to integrate, accept, and transcend known aspects of your identity while seeking wholeness and connection with the greater realm of humankind across the ages.
- Not for the faint of heart! You will encounter parts of yourself that you have worked hard to suppress and may not want to know. (This is not for those with severe unresolved trauma histories.)
- Fun and challenging work for the right person and the right time.
LAKE WASHINGTON COUNSELING CENTER
Licensed Therapy and Counseling Online
oCopyright Rosemary Bannon Tyksinski, PhD, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Respectful and Fully Individualized
Empathic Understanding Without Judgment
The most important factor in successful therapy is the relationship with your therapist
No matter what the therapeutic approach used.
I Specialize in Helping
- Older Adolescents (16+)
- Physicians and their Families
- C-Suite Professionals
- Psychologists, Mental Health Professionals
- Medical Professionals
- IT Professionals
- Creative Professionals and Artists
- ASD Partners and Families
- Alternative Populations (LGBTQ-K)
I offer flexible mix of therapeutic approaches in which I am trained.
Some of them are listed below.
If your situation is especially complicated or if you seek significant change
your therapy may require a year, or several years.
We might start with one approach and later, as your needs or interests change,
we might decide to try something new.
Brief Solution Focused Therapy
- This approach focuses on a specific problem for which goals are set and steps toward meeting those goals are set out.
- Sometimes people only need one session! But often 4 to 6 sessions spaced over a 2-4 months works better.
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy CBT
- has long been the industry standard for treating depression and anxiety.
- Simply put, with CBT you identify and change thinking patterns that fuel anxiety, frustration, anger, and depression and block you from seeing situations clearly.
- The focus is of this approach is on the present day rather than the past.
- You create new thinking patterns that help you calm down and think clearly before you react so you can make better decisions.
Dialectical Behavioral informed Therapy DBT
Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- DBT, is increasingly the choice for treating anxiety disorders, PTSD, and mixed anxiety and depression (sometimes called "agitated depression.)
Emotion Focused Therapy EFT
- This approach was originally developed for couples who have difficulty communicating, especially when the difficulties have caused the inability to trust and or feel emotionally understood.
- EFT is based in attachment theory and teaches couples to emotionally attune to each other so that they feel understood and validated.
- The validation, mutual understanding, and acceptance of the other person's reality, creates a safe emotional environment for both partners so they can freely and honestly communicate and relax their defenses and feel close and secure.